The E-learning Master in Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes covers a complete curriculum for Doctors and Paediatricians or Endocrinologists, over two years (20 months), for a total of 98 ECTS (European Transfer Credit System).
The curriculum incorporates elements of the European Training Syllabus in Paediatric Endocrinology produced by ESPE (European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology), and the International Curriculum for Diabetes Health Professional Education produced by the International Diabetes Federation and, therefore, meets the highest international standards for diabetes education.
The E-learning Master in Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes is practical and clinically focused. Course content and structure are designed to create professionals with greater confidence and an understanding of the management of patients with endocrine disorders and diabetes, through case studies and discussion.
Since diabetes is a growing worldwide epidemic, emphasis is placed on tackling this disease by all members of the multidisciplinary team.
This course will help you develop the skills to access information independently and use it to critically assess, evaluate and disseminate evidence related to endocrine care, and to equip professionals with knowledge and skills to deliver first rate diabetes care.
We aim to help you develop creative, problem-solving approaches to complex clinical situations, and become an important advocate in the delivery of care to people with endocrinology-related problems.
Considering that one of the objectives of the Master in Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes will be to support a training project of Doctors, Pediatricians and Endocrinologists in Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes in West, Eastern and Central African Countries, registration is free-of-charge for a maximum of 30 students who are citizens of one of the following countries and who carry out their professional activity there:
Mauritania, Senegal, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Togo, Ghana, Benin, Nigeria, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Gabon, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Zambia, Angola, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Congo-Brazzaville, Tanzania, Kenya, Chad, Mali, Mozambique, Niger.
The availability of the places referred to in this announcement is subject to the effective activation of the Master in the previous paragraph, pursuant to art. 8 of the Rector’s Decree, establishing the Master.
At the end of the programme you will have an in-depth understanding of:
- Scientific principles underlying regulation of the endocrine system and maintenance of homeostasis, including energy metabolism;
- Effective use of currently available diagnostic and assessment tools as well as therapeutic options in the management of diabetes, obesity, metabolic and endocrine diseases;
- Importance of psychological, cognitive and behavioural aspects in the development and management of these chronic diseases;
- Importance of care organization and continuous quality improvement, with emphasis on practice of evidence-based medicine and patient education using a holistic and multidisciplinary approach;
- Latest advances and controversies in both clinical and basic research programmes in the field of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism, and their relevance to clinical practice;
- Critical appraisal of published data and articles in the field of diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism;
- Conceptualization, design and implementation of clinical research programmes with effective data analysis, interpretation and publication.